Monday, April 4, 2011

Money doesn't buy everything, but you can make almost anything from it

No, money wont buy happiness, but you can be s creative as you desire with money. 

When I was younger, probably early teens, my parents and I went to P.F. Chang's in Atlanta, Georgia on a road trip home from Florida. While we were enjoying a meal, our server asked if he could show me something. Being curious me, I said sure and sat patiently while he pulled out 3 one dollar bills from his pocket. Quickly and seamlessly, he folded the first dollar into a ring. Washington's face was even on the top. Then he folded the next two into a box with a pull out drawer. To complete this work of art, he placed the ring inside the box and handed it to me. I was thrilled! The thought of taking money and making it into something rather than spending it had never crossed my mind. To think, money can be used for so many more things than just buying happiness....

For this assignment, I was asked to look at a particular website that showed pictures of money-made objects, then to find other pieces that I liked and explain why. Here are two that I thought were pretty interesting:
Where did they even begin for this dress?! I would never have the patience to sew, glue, or tack together this many individual pieces. I like they this piece was created with so many different colored money. Oh the beauty of other countries' currency.

After a little more searching, I found this little guy. I LOVE him! HE by far, is my absolute favorite. All those tiny stripes are pieces of different bills. 

So now, go exploring and see what money can do for you...


No comments:

Post a Comment