Friday, January 21, 2011

Definition of Design

The assignment is to define 'Design'. I was given the task to search around, preferably online, and find the definition I like best and include an image that corresponds with the definition. So, here I go...
My definition comes from design.org.
     Design:
            1) To create, fashion, or construct according to plan
            2) a. To conceive and plan out in the mind
                b. To have as a purpose
                c. To devise for a specific function or end


While I was surfing around I fell in love with a few images and ideas, so here are two, one for each part of the definition.
1) To create, fashion, or construct according to plan:
 This tree house is so off the wall! I love the creativity behind this structure. The idea of being in a sphere up in a tree is almost inconceivable. I am sure when the architect originally explained his plan, no one would believe it. 

2)  a. To conceive and plan out in the mind
     b. To have as a purpose
     c. To devise for a specific function or end



 This building bends and curves. How many buildings do you know of that curve similar to this? I came across this building while searching Frank Gehry architecture. I love the way the building curves, while the mirrors reflect the sky and a little bit of the surrounding area. If you notice the windows, the remain straight while the building itself curves around them, causing them to jut out in a semi-random fashion. Buildings like this blows the average square ones out of the water. 









No comments:

Post a Comment