Monday, January 31, 2011

Joseph Cornell Boxes

I could not decide which Cornell box was my favorite. So I have narrowed my favorites down to two.

I absolutely LOVE the bird in this box. The chipped paint and sanded wood inside the box makes me feel as though I should see this in someone's beach house. I also like the vintage feel or the items in this box. The idea of being able to interact with this piece of art is a very neat idea. The little details in the background add a touch of interest. The damaged, antiqued 'Hotel Eden' poster and the small words on the backing makes this piece even more intricate. I wish I knew what the metal spider web like item was in the corner was.






This next piece intrigues me because of the blue sand and broken glass. The sand seems to continuously flow into the broken glass that cannot hold more. Again, to me, the box looks as though it should be displayed in a beach house. I love the contrast of the deep blue and the white washed wood. I also like the half buried cork in the right hand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment