Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chuck Close




Can I just say wow? Chuck Close's art is very impressive! I love his first self portrait the best I believe. Its almost like a blown up photograph. I think his expression is priceless too. It seemed to capture his true character, a side that everyone sees, but also a side that only he sees.

For this assignment though, I chose this image, Frank by Close.
Not only do I love the photographer's point of view, but I think this face in particular is captivating. His expression looks relaxed and yet semi concerned. I think Close's technique is very... different... in many of his other pieces, but for some reason I really enjoy this style of work. It looks like he is standing right in front of you...only HUGE!

Something else that I find to be super attractive about Close's work, is the fact that it is so LARGE! I feel as though it is an even greater achievement that Close can make his pieces look phenomenal on such a grand scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment