Friday, February 4, 2011

Lucas Samaras Box

The latest assignment was to choose a Lucas Samaras box that we liked and explain what we think is interesting. After going through a lot of his work, I found these two boxes. 



In the first image, I really like the bird that is perched don top. The stripes look very rustic and compliment the mossy like grass nicely. The addition of the grass going all over the side with the bird makes this box appear as if that is the natural half.


I chose this second box because I like the media he decided to use on this box.  The jagged edges hanging out of the bottom of the box add some mystery and danger. I also like the mirrored material he chose for the top of the box. The textured outside adds an additional element of interest to this piece as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment